Simon has used his experience in design, modelling and carving for many varied commissions; from historic ornament and figurative carving to contemporary sculpture. His clients range from government bodies to individuals.
‘I aim for my work flow freely and effortlessly, within a framework of craftsmanship and integrity.’
- 1982-84 Cambridge College of Art and Design, Cambridge
- 1984-85 Building Crafts Training School, London
- 1993-96 City and Guilds of London Art School, London
- 2006 Associate of the Royal British Society of Sculptors.
- 2006 Member of the Master Carvers Association.
- 2007 National Brick Awards – Craftsmanship (Project at Mill Lane, Cambridge lead by Emma Simpson of Simpson Brick Conservation).